POTASSIUM METABISULPHITE BAG GR. 500
- Composition: potassium metabisulfite.
- Characteristics: antimicrobial oenological additive, solubilizer of polyphenols, antioxidant.
- Applications: fundamental element in oenological stabilization. It is also used in the canning industry, food in general, fruit, shellfish, beer, jams, vinegar.
- Dosages in wine: SO2 limits according to EEC regulation 822/87 art. 65: 160 mg / L for red wines.
- 210 mg / L for rosé and white wines.
- In wines with residual sugar equal to or greater than 5 g / L of invert sugar, the limits rise to:
- 210 mg / L for red wines.
- 260 mg / L for rosé and white wines.
- Use: disperse in the mass, the product is easily soluble.
- Consider that 1 g of potassium metabisulphite produces about 0.5 g of SO2.
- Storage: in a cool and ventilated place. It is a hygroscopic product, therefore in the presence of humidity it tends to absorb water and can become packed.
- Chemical and physical characteristics:
- title: More than 97.2%
- heavy metals: less than 10 mg / kg Pb.
- Product compliant with: DM 26/04/69 substances for oenological use; DIR 96/77 CE additives
- food; codex oenologique 1978; EC regulation 822/87.