SEEDS OF SICILIAN GIAGANTE RADISH
- Sicilian Giant Radish
- The Sicilian Giant Radish is a plant of the Cruciferous family, of Euro-Asian origin. Leaves arranged in a rosette and white flowers more or less tinged with pink. Medium-long leaves, elongated round shape, with accentuated jaggedness, medium green color. Round root with a diameter of 4-5 cm, scarlet red, with firm and crunchy pulp, resistant to sponginess. Medium-early vegetative cycle.
- It prefers a temperate climate with a sunny exposure. The optimal temperature for growth is between 15 ° C and 20 °, with a minimum of 5 ° C. The ideal soil has a pH of 6/7; it is of medium texture, preferably soft, loose and fresh, with low salinity.
- Protected sowing: February.
- Sowing outdoors: from March to November with a minimum temperature of 7 ° C.
- Harvest: climbing from March to December.